Tips for growing succulents indoors:
• Start with the right succulent. Chose succulents that don’t require full sun and prefer shade or low light. Reds, purple and orange don’t do well indoors. Start with plants that are naturally green. Use a variety of shapes instead of colors. Haworthia, Gasteria, Christmas cactus, Burro’s Tail, Crown of Thomas, Agave and Aloe are some succulents that do well indoors.
• Use containers with drainage holes.
• Use soil that dries quickly
• Spread plants out in the pots so that a maximum amount of diffused sunlight can reach them.
• Place plants close to windows, but not too close where they may get too hot.
• Don’t overwater. Use the soak and dry method of watering. Wait until the soil is dry before watering again. Usually once a week and less often in cooler weather is sufficient.
"Stay close to nature. It will never fail you”
- Frank Lloyd Wright