SAFETY & SANITARY CONSIDERATIONS
5. Children who cannot pass a swim test must wear a life jacket and be accompanied by an adult, and the adult must remain within arms’ reach of the child, while in the pool.
6. Children under eleven years of age are not allowed to visit the pool unless accompanied by a parent or guardian. A child who is permitted to be at the pool unaccompanied by a parent or guardian (must be eleven years of age or older), cannot stay at the pool for more than a total of four hours in one day, and has an alternative place to go in the event of pool closure or a disciplinary problem.
7. Adults must assume responsibility for supervising children in the wading pool. Only children under age six may use the wading pool.
8. No food or drinks are allowed in the pool or on the pool edge. Food and drinks are permitted on the lawn areas only in unbreakable (non-glass) containers.
9. Pets are not allowed in the pool or picnic areas.
10. All swim attire must have hemmed edges.
11. Children of diaper wearing age must wear a swim diaper while in the pool. Children who have been ill are asked to refrain from visiting the pool. Health and Sanitary procedures for HF pool are to immediately close the facility following any type of pool contamination, and to remain closed for 24 hours, while the water quality is being restored to a safe level. Residents who choose not to adhere to health safety precautions may be asked to leave the pool.
12. As the pool is intended for use by all of the families in Hidden Forest, the use of alcoholic beverages is discouraged and tobacco products are only allowed in designated areas.
13. The Pool Manager and lifeguards have full authority over all pool activities, and residents and guests must obey their instructions. When residents or guests do not follow the pool rules, the lifeguards are authorized to restrict the individuals from the pool, and if necessary have them leave the pool premises for the day.
14. Running on concrete surfaces, horseplay or unseemly behavior will not be allowed.
15. Pool games are allowed at the discretion of the lifeguards. No hard playing balls will be allowed in the pool. Large floats must remain in the deep end of the pool.